Saturday, March 1, 2008

Why, why, why..............................

Okay, so I was told I need to starting writing in a forum where anyone can read my writings. I kept asking myself why....why........why? The answer in no uncertain terms came back like a parental smack down that we all hate. Because. No other words, hints or explanations. Just because. So, here it it goes. Starting this thing felt like I was being shaken down by the FBI or something. Create this....verify that....send in a hair sample.....agree here....agree there.......verify this stupid made up word.......and as you may know the list goes on (everything but the hair sample thing is real). Finally, I did it. Now, here is a little about me. I am reading a book called Eat Pray Love. It's pretty interesting so far. It actually has me a bit in awe because I feel like the author speaks like me. The author has taken a year off from work to "find" herself. Doesn't it stink when you lose yourself to begin with. Anywho, she is traveling to Italy, Indonesia and India in 4 month rotations. I got to thinking, if I lost myself I would need to leave the country to search for me too. Knowing how elusive I can be, it would probably take more than a year.


Does any one know the song Marvelous Light by the Passion band. I think Charlie Hall wrote it, but don't quote me on that one. In the event you don't know the song it posted as a you tube clip on my home page. I feel like that song is my life song. This song is happy, I am happy 97.3% of the time. The other 2.7% can be a real bear. It's fun and I am fun (again 97.3% of the time and remaining balance is also a bear....actually my not so fun side is much more like a mean Lion that hasn't been fed for three days and is staring at 100 pounds of filet minion). What I like most about the song is of course the message. It's a message of action. Run towards the good stuff and remember once you found the good stuff let it shine. Leave all that crappy stuff behind....It's ok if you were fatherless and without hope......live for the now. Death has no sting when you are running towards the light and away from the shame that society likes to place on you. The grace and forgiveness that we have makes us more than conquerors. I am all for that!! Who's with me.......................(leaving the computer to go run around in the living room with my hands in the air......feel free to join me). (Tired and now sitting back at computer to type). Well, that's about all for now. Oh....almost forgot to tell you..I am dating a guy way younger than me. Don't we look good together. We are so the ying and the yang. What's 33 years between us??

2 comments:

JC said...

It's an honor to be the first of millions to comment on your blog, GFord. That is my new nickname for you, by the way. You are way late in sharing with the rest of us those deep thoughts that emanate from your awesome heart. I will be sitting regularly at your feet (usually with a bag of oreos) soaking up all the lessons you share. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,
Welcome to blogging. It's about time. I love you page. It looks great. You will have to tell me how you got those games and counter thing on here. Talk to you later.
LiZ