Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I'm a Mother-to-be!

Adoption/Fostering

I remember the little guy above and I remember meeting many orphans of various ages while I visited South Africa in the late spring of 2011.  It gave me a renewed hope that someday, if God should still see it fit, I would become an adoptive and/or foster mom.  Well, that time has come.  My career has stabilized, my support system has grown and my finances are in check.  I went through years of counseling to ensure my hurts and hangups were healed and now the time is really here.  I have a home study scheduled for January 23,  2013.  This will allow my foster care license to go active and officially allow me to be matched with a child who I can also adopt.  In order to do that I need a bit of help.  While I'm ready for the everyday care that comes with children, the up front cost are quite big.  In order for me to be licensed for any child, birth to 17, which is my desire, I have to quickly come up with all the following items needed for licensing.  I would hate to delay the process, but if I had to in order to remain financially responsible, I will.  Hopefully if you have any of the below items either gently used or new, I can expedite this process and get to this thing God has called me to do!  As things are donated, I will continue to cross them off the list.

Here is the list and where things stand;
Here is the list and where things stand;
Crib
Crib bedding - needed
baby boy and baby girl outfits for each age group - needed
0-3 months - needed
3-6 months - needed
9-12 months - needed
18 months - needed
1 package of diapers any size(s)
1 package wipes - needed
6 -10 complete baby bottles - needed
jar baby food any stages - needed
rice cereal - needed
rear facing and a forward facing car seat - needed
1 baby gate - needed
Infant/Toddler safety kit
 first aid kit fire extinguisher inspected and tagged within a year 
Twin bunk beds
2 dressers – needed
Twin beds and mattresses
Twin bedding
Inspected fire extinguisher
Stroller

James 1:27

English Standard Version (ESV)
27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

No comments: