Monday, March 3, 2008

Rejected


You know what, I refuse to live a life of convenience. What do I mean by this?? Of course I am going to tell you. I felt challenged today to be someone I am not. I am glad to report I did not give in. It would have been way more convenient to just "play along" and "go with the flow", but I just straight out rejected that option. At the end of all my yahoo e-mails is the phrase, "Sometimes standing up for something means standing alone". I have to live that life and sometimes it gets real, in a way I can't even explain on here. At other times it just gets real in a way that keeps me redefining to the person I want to grow into. The good news is that I am straight up okay with this. The bad news is that I am straight up okay with this. From the outside looking in I know it may look like there is a caged lion waiting to get out, but from my perspective those bars are keep out the stupidity on the other side. Oh, how I do love the bars. For those who have made the cut and do more good than harm, I have gone to my imaginary Sears store and made a copy of the key to the cage so that they can enter in when needed. For others, they may never get to enter again. However, I may be willing to hold a conversation through the bars of protection. Sometimes I just want to be completely rude to people and say, "Oh, you don't like what you see or what you just heard, Hmmmmm, I really don't remember asking your opinion. So I guess what you're telling me is irrelevant." Bam....rejected. "You may continue to speak, but as I walk away, it's highly unlikely that the back of my head will be responding". - Is that such a mean thing to say. I guess I better seriously go channel this not so nice behavior into something more productive. Later (Peeps) <--- In honor of Easter.

No comments: